FH Wetland Systems Ltd
Training & Workshops
For our next training seminar/workshop details
There is a growing hunger for practical solutions and a greater awareness of the importance of ecoliteracy in wider society. FHWS offer courses and seminars to help provide inspiration, direction and change in the wider world:
- Specialised industry training seminars to further the understanding of reed beds and constructed wetland systems for effluent treatment and stormwater management. A confident awareness of how these can be used by architects, engineers and landscape designers can help to enhance project development and procurement and maximise environmental gain.
- EPA Code of Practice and Wastewater Treatment Manuals training with an eco-friendly approach, minimising electricity inputs, maximising habitat value and ensuring EPA compliance with a specific focus on practical solutions for existing dwellings on challenging sites.
- Permaculture approaches to design of low impact, effective sewage and grey water treatment; landscape based flood control and water filtration; edible landscaping and community orchard creation.
- Rewilding and the many ways in which we can enhance habitats in Ireland, large and small. We explore the key elements of landscape scale rewilding, giving land back to wildlife and bringing the wildlife back into the land: Core, Carnivores and Corridors; looking at every scale from the work of Rewilding Europe to supporting pollinators in a window-box.
- Climate solutions, carbon sequestration, local climate and ecological resilience tools and an exploration of landscape management on climate systems, allowing for local scale solutions to local scale issues while also improving the wider world and ecosystems.
- Waste minimisation with community groups, policy makers and business. Moving towards the goal of zero waste is made easier by having like-minded company and clear pointers to mark the way.
- Farm-scale waterway protection, riparian (river-edge) buffer zones and in-channel planting. Farming practices for enhanced soil depth, drought resilience, soil biodiversity, flood protection and water filtration.
- Eco-Visioning; an educational tool designed to facilitate participants in envisioning the best imaginable future and inviting that future into being. How we feel about the way we see the world around us directly effects the world we see. Often the challenges in the world can feel overwhelming, so our positive work becomes bogged down by fear and inertia. Beliefs shape our day to day realities, and our collective beliefs around the natural world have a direct bearing on how we prioritise our politics, economy and society. Eco-visioning offers a creative exercise for exploring complex issues and for bringing answers and insight to challenging problems.
Email email@example.com if you'd like to be put on a mailing list for future workshops or training seminars.